Code: VLD 01CM
Circuit 2 days:
- Day 1: Saigon - Cai Be floating market - SaDec - Can Tho
- Day 2: Cai Rang floating market - Sai Gon
Circuit 4 days:
- Day 1 : Sai Gon - Cai Befloating market - Phu An - Dong Hoa Hiep - Vinh Long/ Sa Dec
- Day 2 : Sa Dec - Long Xuyen - Cho Moi
- Day 3 : Cho Moi - Chau Doc
- Day 4: Boat from Chau Doc to Phnom Penh
- At 8h00 in the morning, Vietlanddiscovery’s driver picks you up at your hotel in Ho Chi Minh City and transfer you to Cai Be.
- At 10 AM, get welcome onboard.
- After your installation, the cruise will begin with the visit of some local home factories where you will be able to observe how rice paste, coconut candies and other specialties are traditionally made. We will then proceed to Cai Be colorful floating market, cruising among local barges full of fruits and vegetables. Your sampan will take direction of Vinh Long and Sa Dec, cruising upstream on the Tien Giang River, one of the two large arms of the Mekong. These evergreen islands among the Mekong River bring about large networks of meandering rivers, criss-crossed with countless arroyos, and remain unknown to many people.
- We will then cruise on a small beautiful canal through water jacinth plantations… You will disembark to take a small rowing boat for a cruise along a narrow canal passing by a local tiny village and fruit plantations.
- Further on the banks, some dark smokes in the sky will lead us to one of the largest artisanal bricks and tiles factory where you will have an interesting visit.
- Sa Dec town will appear like a little “Venice” with numerous narrow canals. You will disembark at the local market place for a guided visit of this charming town, walking along its narrow streets where beautiful French old houses and Chinese temples dating from the last century are numerous.
- Your lunch will await you at an ancient house dating from 1890, home of Mr. Huyen Thuy Le, the “Lover” of Marguerite Duras famous writer. (novel and movie “The Lover”)
- Back on board your sampan, you will enjoy cruising down to Can Tho along a beautiful narrow canal, passing under several wooden “monkey bridges” and by tiny typical villages.
- Some stops on the banks will be possible to establish contacts with the local population. A visit will be done at a Cao Daist temple.
- Before sunset, we will have our last stop on the banks arranged at a splendid ancient house or “Nha Co” dating from the early 19th century. After being greeted by the owners, we will cater a candlelight dinner for you, an unforgettable experience in a unique atmosphere.
- After dinner, we will proceed the cruise for approximately one hour until Can Tho. We will moor for the night in a quiet place.
- Your bed will be ready for your night on the Mekong river
- At around 6 A.M., your sampan will slowly start cruising.
- Your breakfast will be served on board at 07am while approaching Cai Rang floating market actually still the largest in the whole Mekong delta.
- We will pass by countless sampan boats carrying sand, rice, fruits, vegetables, fish, flowers… showing an intense activity on the river.
- Your cruise journey will end at around 10.am at Ninh Kieu pier after a visit at Can Tho local market. Drive back to Saigon. Drop at your hotel...
End of services.
CIRCUIT 4 DAYS
Day 1 : Sai gon - Cai Be floating market - Phu An - Dong Hoa Hiep - Vinh Long/ Sa Dec (L, D)
07h00: P/up at hotel in Saigon, transferb to Cai Be, wharf the Song Xanh
- 10h30: Starts from Cai Be tow, you will be welcomed with fresh cotton towels. After your installation, the cruise will begin with the visit of Cai Be colorful floating market cruising among local barges full of fruits and vegetables.
- A stop at local home factories will let you see how rice paste, coconut candies and other specialties are traditionally made. We will proceed to Phu An hamlet, an untouched beautiful area reflecting some of the best sights the Mekong Delta can offer.
- A delicious lunch will await you at "Le Longanier", a superb Indochinese villa located by the river, in a lush tropical garden surrounded by fruit plantations. You will be charmed by the location and by the peaceful atmosphere of the place. Beautiful hostesses dressed in traditional “ao dai” will be fully dedicated to your service.
- After lunch, your sampan will proceed to Vinh Long, cruising around Dong Hoa Hiep islet. Visit will be made at an ancient mandarin house dating from 1890 where you will we welcomed by the owner. Another stop on the banks will allow you to see how locals plait palm tree leaves to be used for rural houses. We will then proceed to Dong Phu and An Binh islets famous for their fruit orchards. These evergreen islands among the Mekong River bring about large networks of meandering rivers, criss-crossed with countless arroyos, and remaining unknown to many people. Crossing the large Co Chien River we will pass under the spectacular My Thuan Bridge. Further, we will dock on the banks and you will have an exciting bicycle ride in the countryside leaded by your guide. Back on board your sampan, you will enjoy a romantic dinner served on the deck during the sunset. Your bed will be ready for your first night on the Mekong river…
Overnight on Cruise “Song Xanh Cruise”
Day 2 : Sa Dec - Long Xuyen - Cho Moi ( B, L, D )
- 07h00: Breakfast will be served on board. Your Sampan will slowly leave Sa Dec and proceed the cruise upstream the river to Long Xuyen, a peaceful provincial town located on the Mekong’s banks. We will pass by several luxuriant islands, crossing countless sampan boats carrying sand, rice, fruits and vegetables, fishes, showing an intense activity on the river. Approaching Long Xuyen, your lunch will be served on board. Later, you will have a quick tour of Long Xuyen typical center before cruising further to “Cu Lao Ong Ho” (The Tiger Island) for a visit at Ton Duc Thang museum, second president of Vietnam…
- We will proceed upstream on the Mekong river to Chau Doc. Some stops on the banks will be possible for cycling tours to discover deeper the inhabitants life style.
- In the evening, we will organize for you an exciting experience at an ancient house located by the river in the suburbs of Cho Moi, where your dinner will be arranged.
- You will be able to share experiences with family members and learn about traditional Southern Vietnam lifestyle, one of the highlights of your journey on the Mekong which should not be forgotten!
Back on board your private sampan for your second night on the river.
Day 3 : Cho Moi - Chau Doc ( B )
- Early on-board breakfast while cruising to Chau Doc. Cruise on a little arm of the Mekong where several traditional activities can be observed on the banks (artisanal boat factories, bamboo baskets making, palm leaves cutting, net fishing), as well as old Vietnamese temples dating from late 19th century. Arrival at Chau Doc late in the morning. Located on the upper Mekong Delta, the town is 280 km south-west of Saigon onto the Cambodian border. With such proximity the local population is an eclectic mix of Cham, Khmer, Chinese and Vietnamese sharing different cultures and historical richness.
- At around 11am, you will disembark at Chau Doc city and then transfer to your hotel
Overnight at Chau Doc.
Day 04: Chau Doc – Phnom Penh
Early morning, transfer to Chau Doc port where you will take the Hang Chau speedboat to Phnom Penh. The speedboat depart at 07h00.
End of our service
* 50% for childrens traveling with parents aged between 6 and 11 years
* FOC for childrens under 6 years
- Private vehicle for the transfer
- 2 Days & 1 Night (3 Days & 2 Nights ) cruise on private charter basis on board “Song Xanh” sampan
- 1 lunch, 1 candlelight dinner incl.1 small btle. of wine for 2 at an ancient house
- Breakfast on board (coffee, tea, juice, fresh yogurt, fruits, bread, butter and jam)
- 2 bottles of min. water/pers./day,
- Vietnamese tea,
- Fresh fruits,
- Refreshing cotton towels
- Visits mentioned as per cruise program
- Service Charge and Gvt. Taxes
- Crew assistance
- English or French speaking guide
- Bicycles and “Xuong” rowing boat rides
- Airfares & airport taxes
- Round trip of private transfer from Saigon
- Pre/post trip arrangement
- Visa and visa arrangement
- Travel insurance
- Other personal expenses
Tariff for this trip:
The tariff may differentiate according to number of participants and the high or low seasons in Vietnam. Please contact our Sales Staff for the price of this trip.
Optional services: Upon your request
Domestic airtickets will be delivered by our company. Click here to have more information