Ben Tre is a little province in the east of Mekong Delta, being wedged between two main arms of TienRiver. Ben Tre shares borders with Tien Giang, Tra Vinh and Vinh Long. It has one township also called Ben Tre and 7 other small districts, including Ba Tri, Binh Dai, Chau Thanh, Cho Lach, Giong Trom, Mo Cay and Thanh Phu. The province also accounts for the greatest part of Khmer ethnic population of the region.
Ben Tre is known as the land of coconut and also the cradle of “Dong Khoi” (“simultaneous insurgency”). Recording some of the fiercest stages of the American-Vietnam War, Ben Tre is heard by most students of the two countries’ history.
The sleepy and laid back Ben Tre is usually bypassed by most travellers coming to the Mekong delta. Considering its unparalleled beauty and historical significance, however, this picturesque area is definitely well worth a visit. It is also a perfect destination for an authentic homestay in Mekong Delta.
Travel with this destination
Travel with this destination:
- Vietnam Mosaique – VLD 01C
- Vietnam Immersion – VLD 02C
- Cruise from Khong Island to Pakse – VLD 01LC
- Van Phou Cruise – VLD 02LC
- Mekong Cruise to Luang Prabang – VLD 03LC
- Secrets of Southern Laos – VLD 01LM
- Excursion to Mekong Delta – VLD 01S
- People and Landscape of the South – VLD 01O
- Vietnam Mandarin Road – VLD 03C
- Laos Panorama – VLD 01L
- Luang Prabang Stopover – VLD 02L
- Vietnam Héritages – VLD 04C
- Vietnam Passion – VLD 05C