Ho Chi Minh city
Ho Chi Minh City went by several different names: the French figuratively put it “Pearl of the Far East”, the American named it “Saigon” and the Chinese called it “Cho Lon”.
Ho Chi Minh City is the most modern and bustling city of Vietnam. Within its bustle, however, its glorious past is still shining through a myriad of monuments and colonial structures. Those interested in Vietnam War should not miss ReunificationPalace and the War Remnants Museum. The amazing network of tunnels used by local villagers and guerrillas at Cu Chi should also give you somewhat deeper understanding of the war.
Ho Chi Minh City also makes the shopping mecca of Vietnam. Blending in the Ben Thanh market or wandering around its crowded streets to taste local cuisine and have fun with your bargaining skills, you won’t miss it.
Travel with this destination:
- Vietnam Mosaique – VLD 01C
- Vietnam Immersion – VLD 02C
- Cruise from Khong Island to Pakse – VLD 01LC
- Van Phou Cruise – VLD 02LC
- Mekong Cruise to Luang Prabang – VLD 03LC
- Secrets of Southern Laos – VLD 01LM
- Excursion to Mekong Delta – VLD 01S
- People and Landscape of the South – VLD 01O
- Vietnam Mandarin Road – VLD 03C
- Laos Panorama – VLD 01L
- Luang Prabang Stopover – VLD 02L
- Vietnam Héritages – VLD 04C
- Vietnam Passion – VLD 05C