Luang Prabang is the ancient capital of Laos and royal residence of the kings. An eventful and sometimes turbulent history has shaped the richness of Luang Prabang that can be found in temples and monuments hidden in its lush settings. It’s the rich heritage that earned Luang Prabang reputation of a World Heritage Site recognized by UNESCO.
Contrast to its enormous significance and appeal, Luang Prabang is a small town and you can wrap all must see sites in just one day.
The Luang Prabang city tour will introduce you to well-known temples recognized by UNESCO: the oldest templeWat Visoun, the Monastery of the opened heart Wat Aham, the magnificent Wat Xieng Thong and so on.
You also climb 328 steps of MountPhousi to admire the panoramic view of the valley and leisurely stroll around the aisles of local ethnic markets.
Travel with this destination
Travel with this destination:
- Vietnam Immersion – VLD 02C
- Cruise from Khong Island to Pakse – VLD 01LC
- Van Phou Cruise – VLD 02LC
- Mekong Cruise to Luang Prabang – VLD 03LC
- Secrets of Southern Laos – VLD 01LM
- Mysteries of the Plain of Jars – VLD 02LM
- Excursion from Siem Reap to Phnom Penh – VLD 01CSR
- Charming of Cambodia – VLD 02CSR
- Discovery Cambodia – VLD 03CSR
- Heritage Angkor – VLD 01CA
- Essential Angkor – VLD 02CA
- Hill Tribes of Northern Laos – VLD 03LM
- Grand boucle of North – West Vietnam – VLD 02O
- Vietnam Mandarin Road – VLD 03C
- Laos Panorama – VLD 01L
- Luang Prabang Stopover – VLD 02L
- Vietnam Héritages – VLD 04C