Code: VLD 04LC
- Day 01: Pakse – Vat Phou – Houet Thamo
- Day 02: Houet Thamo – Khong Island
- Day 03: Khong Island – Khone Island – Khone Phabeng – Pakse
Day 01: Pakse – Vat Phou – Houet Thamo (L,D)
At 10h00, our guide will meet you at Pakse pier. Board a local long-tail riverboat and cruise down the Mekong River, heading south towards the former royal capital of Champassak where the Vat Phou boat is moored. Arrive in Champassak around noon and board the Vat Phou boat. Enjoy a lunch on board while crusing to the pre-Angkorian Vat Phou Temple (6th-13th centuries) located 8km from Champassak. Vat Phou Temple lies on a hillside and offers spectacular view across the surrounding plains and Mekong River. In 2002 Vat Phou was recognized as a World Heritage site by UNESCO. Return to Vat Phou boat for a relaxing cruise down-river, enjoy a tropical sunset from the upper deck. The boat docks for the night alongside a remote Lao village.
Dinner and overnight on board.
Day 02: Houet Thamo – Khong Island (B,L,D)
Breakfast on board. Cruise to the village of Houei Thamo on the east bank of the river. The boat moors here to allow you to explore the Angkorian temple of Oum Moung, hidden in a thick forest just a few minutes walk from the village. Return to the boat for a cruise southwards, past the island of Don Xai into a myriad of islands of all shapes and sizes: the wild paradise of Siphandone “4,000 islands”. Lunch on board. Arrive at Khong Island in the afternoon and visit the village of Ban Dua Tae, where the traditional way of life has not changed for centuries. Return to the boat for a sunset cruise.
Dinner and overnight on board.
Day 03: Khong Island – Khone Island – Khone Phabeng – Pakse (B,L)
Breakfast on board. Final leg of the cruise to the village of Ban Veunthong in Khong Island. Then board a long-tail riverboat to Khone Island to see the maze of waterways, a fascinating glimpse into the not too distant past with its colorful French colonial houses and old railway. Continue upstream by long-tail riverboat to fishing village of Xiengdi on the mainland. Lunch at local restaurant then drive to Khone Pha Peng Waterfall, the largest cascade on the Mekong River along its 4,350 km journey from the Tibetan Plateau towards the South China Sea. Drive back to the city of Pakse. Arrival in the afternoon at 15h30.
End of Services,
- Transfer and transportation with private vehicle.
- English/French speaking Guide upon your request
- Sightseeing and entrance fees
- Boat cruise to Champassak, package tour in 3 days/2 nights (joining cruise)
- Meal as indicated (B: Breakfast; L: Lunch; D: Diner)
- International air-tickets and airport departure tax ($US10 per person)
- Visa for Laos ($US30 per person) upon arrival + 02 photos (4 x 6)
- Meals and drink not mentioned
- Tip and personal expenses
- Travel Insurance
- Hotel accommodation with breakfast
- All the others not mentioned in the program
Tariff for this trip:
- The tariff may differentiate according to number of participants and the high or low seasons in Cambodia.
Optional services: Upon your request
Domestic airtickets will be delivered by our company.