Code: VLD 03LC
- Day 01: Houei Say – Pakbeng
- Day 02: Pakbeng – Pak Ou – Luang Prabang
- Day 03: Luang Prabang Sightseeing
- Day 04: Luang Prabang Departure
Day 01: Houei Say – Pakbeng
Welcome to Houei Say. Upon arrival at Houei Say immigration, pick up by your guide & driver then transfer to Houei Say pier. Board a traditional riverboat for a cruise down the Mekong River to Pakbeng (approx. 7 hours journey depending on the water level). The Mekong River has kept much of its untamed character with impressive rapids and lush jungles along each bank. En route, stop and visit some hill tribe villages such as the H’Mong village of Ban Houeilampene and the Thai Lu village of Ban Kouaytoune. Arrive in Pakbeng, a rustic town located on a steep hillside offering a spectacular view of the Mekong River and check-in hotel.
Overnight in Pakbeng.
Day 02: Pakbeng – Pak Ou – Luang Prabang (B)
After breakfast, continue your cruise along the Mekong River towards the ancient Royal capital of Luang Prabang (approx. 6 hour voyage depending on the water level). On the way, stop at Pak Ou, at the confluence of the Nam Ou and Mekong Rivers and visit the sacred caves of Tham Ting and Tham Phoum, home to hundreds of Buddha statues. Continue to Ban Xang Hai Village and discover the distillation of sticky rice wine. Then stop at Vat Longkhoune Temple, famous for its 18th century frescoes. Arrive in Luang Prabang and transfer and check-in hotel.
Overnight in Luang Prabang.
Day 03: Luang Prabang Sightseeing (B)
After breakfast, visit Vat Xieng Thong, known as the most beautiful temple of Luang Prabang with low sweeping roofs, Vat Visoun Temple with its Singhalese-style stupa, That Makmo, and Vat Aham, one of the main city sanctuaries dedicated to the ancestors of the Laos Wat. In the afternoon, visit the National Museum (the former Royal Palace) where a collection of artifacts of the Lao Royal Family is displayed. Continue to the nearby Vat Mai Temple, the residence of a Buddhist patriarch until 1975 and enjoy sunset at Vat Siphouthabath Temple along the Mekong River.
Overnight in Luang Prabang.
Day 04: Luang Prabang Departure (B)
After breakfast, climb up Phousi Hill for a panoramic view over the city and the Mekong River. Free time until your transfer to Luang Prabang airport for your departure flight.
End of Services,
- Hotel accommodation with daily breakfast.
- Transfer and transportation with private vehicle.
- English/French speaking Guide upon your request
- Sightseeing and entrance fees
- Cruise on the Luangsay boat (joining cruise)
- Meal as indicated (B: Breakfast; L: Lunch; D: Diner)
- International air-tickets and airport departure tax ($US10 per person)
- The 30-day tourist visa for Laos (US$37, cash only, one passport photo) on arrival + 02 photos (4 x 6)
- Meals and drink not mentioned
- Tip and personal expenses
- Travel Insurance
- All the others not mentioned in the program
Tariff for this trip:
- The tariff may differentiate according to number of participants and the high or low seasons in Cambodia.
Optional services: Upon your request
Domestic airtickets will be delivered by our company.