Code: VLD 02LM
- Day 1: Vientiane – Xiengkhuang
- Day 2: Xiengkhuang Sightseeing
- Day 3: Xiengkhuang – Vientiane
Day 1: Vientiane – Xieng Khuang
In the afternoon, pick up at your hotel/residence by your guide and driver and transfer Vientiane airport for flight to Phonesavanh, the new capital of Xiengkhouang Province. Meet your guide upon arrival, transfer and check-in at your hotel. The Plain of Jars consists of a large area extending around Phonesavanh, where several hundred huge jars of unknown origin are scattered about in over a dozen groupings.
Overnight in Phonesavanh
Day 2: Xieng Khuang Sightseeing (B,L)
After breakfast we drive to Mouang Khoune, the former provincial capital which was almost completely destroyed by heavy bombing during the Vietnam War. En route, stop and visit various hill tribe villages such as H’Mong, Thai Dam (Black Thai) and Phuan. There is a short orientation tour of Mouang Khoune including the ruins of Vat Phia Vat and Vat Tha Foune temples. Take lunch at a local restaurant and continue to visit site 2 (home to the largest jars) and site 3 of the Plain of Jars, both located close to Mouang Khoune before returning to Phonesavanh.
Overnight in Phonesavanh
Day 3: Xieng Khuang – Vientiane (B)
After breakfast, stroll through the bustling Phonesavanh market where the local hill tribes gather daily to trade their goods, especially venison. Continue to site 1 of the Plain of Jars, located 10 km from Phonesavanh with over 300 jars. In the afternoon, transfer to the airport for the return flight to Vientiane. Meet upon arrival at Vientiane’s Wattay airport, transfer and check-in at your hotel.
End of Services,
- Accommodation in hotels with daily breakfast (hotels can be upgraded upon request).
- Transfer and transportation with private vehicle.
- English/French speaking Guide upon your request
- Meals as indicated (B: Breakfast)
- Sightseeing and entrance fees
- Private boat cruise as the mentioned program
- International Airticket reconfirmation
- International air-tickets and airport departure tax ($US10 per person)
- The 30-day tourist visa for Laos (US$37, cash only, one passport photo) on arrival + 02 photos (4 x 6)
- Meals and drink not mentioned
- Tip and personal expenses
- Travel Insurance
- All the others not mentioned in the program
Tariff for this trip:
- The tariff may differentiate according to number of participants and the high or low seasons in Cambodia.
Optional services: Upon your request
Domestic airtickets will be delivered by our company.