Code: VLD 02LC
- Day 01: Pakse – Khone Phabeng – Khone Island – Khong Island
- Day 02: Khong Island – Houei Thamo
- Day 03: Houei Thamo – Vat Phou – Pakse
Day 01: Pakse – Khone Phabeng – Khone Island – Khong Island (L,D)
At 10h00, meet your guide at the Sinouk Coffee House. Drive to Khone Pha Pheng Waterfall, the largest cascade on the Mekong River along its 4,350km journey from the Tibetan Plateau towards the South China Sea then continue to the fishing village of Xiengdi. Lunch at local restaurant and in the afternoon board a local long-tail riverboat to Khone Island. The visit of Khone Island takes you into the maze of waterways, a fascinating glimpse into the not so distant past with its colorful French colonial houses and its old railway. Continue upstream by long-tail riverboat to the village of Ban Veunthong in Khong Island, where the Vat Phou boat is moored. Check-in on board the Vat Phou boat and cruise leisurely up-river, enjoying a tropical sunset from the upper deck. The boat docks for the night alongside a remote Lao village.
Dinner and overnight on board.
Day 02: Khong Island – Houei Thamo (B,L,D)
Breakfast on board. Visit the village of Ban Dua Tae, where the traditional way of life has not changed in centuries. Then, cruise north past the island of Don Xai and into a myriad of islands of all shapes and sizes: the wild paradise of Siphandone “4, 0000 islands”. Lunch on board and in the afternoon arrive in the village of Houei Thamo, on the east bank of the river. The boat moors here, to allow you to explore the Angkorian temple of Oum Moung, hidden in a thick forest, only a few minutes walk from the village. Return to the boat
Dinner and overnight on board.
Day 03: Houei Thamo – Vat Phou – Pakse (B,L)
Breakfast on board. Final leg of the cruise towards the former royal capital of Champassak. Drive to the pre-Angkorian Vat Phou Temple (6th-13th centuries) located 8km from the city. Vat Phou Temple lies on a hillside and offers spectacular views across the surrounding plains and the Mekong River. In 2002 Vat Phou was recognized as a World Heritage site by UNESCO. Lunch at local restaurant and in the afternoon, board a local long-tail riverboat and cruise up the Mekong River, heading north towards the city of Pakse, zigzagging through mild rapids and sand banks. Arrival in Pakse at around 15h30.
End of Services,
- Transfer and transportation with private vehicle.
- English/French speaking Guide upon your request
- Sightseeing and entrance fees
- Boat cruise to Vat Phou, package tour in 3 days/2 nights (joining cruise)
- Meal as indicated (B: Breakfast; L: Lunch; D: Diner)
- International air-tickets and airport departure tax ($US10 per person)
- The 30-day tourist visa for Laos (US$37, cash only, one passport photo) on arrival + 02 photos (4 x 6)
- Meals and drink not mentioned
- Tip and personal expenses
- Travel Insurance
- Hotel accommodation with breakfast
- All the others not mentioned in the program
Tariff for this trip:
- The tariff may differentiate according to number of participants and the high or low seasons in Cambodia.
Optional services: Upon your request
Domestic airtickets will be delivered by our company.